Monday 18 February 2013

Immersed in the Balloons


Last week, I went to a wonderful exhibition at the National Art Gallery. It consisted of a room full of balloons and is by a terrific artist named Martin Creed. One enters a room full of black balloons and walks through them. It challenges one's concepts of space and I found myself thinking of moving through very large black molecules. I loved it!


For the most part, the level of balloons was over my head. People who are allergic to vinyl or who are claustrophobic are warned not to go in the room. But I found the experience really interesting, like I was swimming through them. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see it.
(By the way - I wasn't supposed to take pictures and I apologize to the National Art Gallery - but I just couldn't resist)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very cool! I wonder why the artist chose black for the colour of the balloons?