Wednesday 14 October 2015

Thanksgiving Al Fresco




Monday October 12 was Thanksgiving Day, and it was an unusually warm one. It got up to about 23 degrees Celsius, which is almost summer-like weather for this time of year. I went to my friends', Mac and Brenda's, for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so beautiful that we decided to eat outside, al fresco. Margaret and John were also there, and Margaret took this picture just before the main course. 


It was so warm I was wearing sandals. I can't remember the last time I was able to wear sandals on Thanksgiving!


I took this picture of Mac and Brenda's driveway. The light is amazing at this time of year!


After dinner, we had coffee and pumpkin pie (Yum!). I took this pic of Brenda, Mac, John and Margaret (and Betty the dog), still enjoying being outdoors, even though the afternoon was waning and it was starting to feel chilly. 


Margaret explored Brenda's garden and took this picture. When she sent it to me, she called it "Secret Garden". It really does look like a secret place! Great shot, Margaret. 


 The sun started to set and it really began to feel like Autumn, with the tree branches starting to look bare and the browns and golds and reds everywhere. A beautiful day!

No comments: