Tuesday 9 August 2011

Farewell to ATCs


The wonderful people who have organized our ATC trades in Eastern Ontario for the past 10 years have announced that it is time to bring them to an end. All my thanks to my friends Ronna and Holly for their terrific work over the years to keep it going. I agree with them that our group has run out of steam. It was fun while it lasted. The ATCs I posted yesterday and today are from the last set I made for the trade. It is my way of saying goodbye.


These ATCs are based on some family photographs taken about 25 years ago. I was scanning the photos recently and decided it would be fun to make little paintings from them. Making ATCs based on photos has always been one of my favourite techniques - the photos are so personal, but the process of abstraction turns them into something new. 


I hope to keep making little drawings and paintings like this in the future, even though I won't be trading them. I am grateful for all that I have learned from making ATCs over the years.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Your ATCs are always great, Evlyn!