Tuesday 15 November 2011

New Sculpture at the National Gallery


About 2 weeks ago, I saw some men doing what appeared to be construction work on a traffic island I cross every day, between the National Gallery and Major's Hill Park in Ottawa.. Then, last week, as I crossed the traffic island on my morning walk to work, I saw this marvelous sculpture that they had installed there. I found out later that it is called "The Three Watchmen" and it is by the Haida artist Jim Hart. Isn't it fabulous?


Here it is taken from the other side. I wanted to see what it would look like with the National Gallery in the background on one side and Louise Bourgeois' sculpture "Maman" on the other. Three different styles but harmonious, nevertheless.

2 comments:

Ronna said...

Great photos with Maman and the gallery behind it. Nice sculpture. I had read about the installation of it and am happy to see it has found a home.

Knatolee said...

One of the few things I liked about living in BC was the Haida and other aboriginal art there. I will have to check this one out!