Sunday 6 November 2011

Visiting the Arbor Gallery


This past Saturday I went to a vernissage at the Arbor Gallery in Vankleek Hill, Ontario. The gallery is in this beautiful old building in a park-like setting, and there is a wonderful porch where one enters the building.  


Inside, there were quite a few people in the main rooms of the gallery. It really is a lovely space for exhibiting art. 


There are some really interesting pieces in the show. I liked the way the small paintings that this woman is looking at are displayed.


One of the great things about the Arbor Gallery is the windows in the main rooms. Some beautiful stain glass pieces and pottery are displayed there. 


I also really liked this display in a corner of the smaller gallery. The paintings and drawings on the wall are in mats but not framed. They are very reasonably priced and many of them were quite tempting.


Here is a close-up of the ceramics of my friend Ronna displayed on the stand below the drawings and paintings. I especially love the piece with the yellow, pink and blue daisies. 


As I was leaving the gallery, I saw this wonderful curly sculpture, which is part of an installation in the porch. It looked fabulous with the November afternoon light coming through it. 
The GIFTED! Annual Holiday Exhibition at the Arbor Gallery continues until December 18th. It's a good show - I really enjoyed it. 

3 comments:

Ronna said...

Looks like a nice show, Evlyn. And my ceramics look good all grouped together.

Knatolee said...

I need to get up there. Ronna's china looks great.

frannie said...

I was there too...missed you. VKH was so busy it was hard to find a parking space!