Monday 26 March 2012

Some Colour on a Grey Day


After a week of weather more suitable to July than to March, we returned, last weekend, to the kind of cold grey days usually associated with this time of year. Although it was blustery and unpleasant, I went out to check on my garden and was pleased to find some delicate little crocuses peeking through here and there. They presented such lovely splashes of colour on an overcast day.


They were tiny but cheerful since I know they will soon be followed by larger flowers like tulips and daffodils. So they are like brave scouts, preparing the way for the less hardy masses of flora to come.


I also checked on the llamas who live on a farm down the road from my place. There were only a couple of them outside, perhaps because it was not a very nice day. But I did manage to get a picture of this guy. 


He (or she?) was very curious and watched me as I walked along the fence, trying to get a good photo. So I thanked him for posing as I left and said, "Goodbye Mr Llama. Hope you have a great day!"

2 comments:

Ronna said...

Love the llama pix! Handsome critter.

Sarah said...

I would think that llamas would PREFER cooler weather with all of that long fur! Nice pictures.