Wednesday 5 December 2012

Sunset in a Frame


Some of the windows in the National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa are quite spectacular and reach from the floor to the ceiling. Recently, I was in the National and was excited to see a gorgeous sunset through these windows.


The sunset was framed by the window, appropriate for a place devoted to the contemplation of Art!


The view of the sunset in the frame of the window changed as I got closer.


And finally I was looking at the sunset through the window with no frame around it. The Ottawa River reflected the dying light of the sun and the buildings looked like black silhouettes against the sky. It was a beautiful sunset from any view, framed or unframed.

2 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

This is beautiful and I love the different perspectives.

Sarah said...

I see a theme in your posts...lovely!