Sunday 2 December 2012

Sunset on a Long Country Road


Some of the country roads in Eastern Ontario are very straight and, if one finds a good spot to view them, they seem to stretch a long, long way, off into infinity. I took this picture one late afternoon, just as I was leaving the house of a friend of mine. I was talking to another friend and she suddenly said "look", and pointed off toward the sunset. It was quite beautiful with the road glowing in the distance and the trees just black silhouettes against the fading blue sky. A gorgeous peaceful early evening in the country!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I really like the spacious views we get in Eastern Ontario. Lots of sky. Lovely light in the photo.

Sarah said...

How beautiful! I love the contrast of the silhouettes of the trees against the sky.

Ronna said...

GREAT shot!

City Mouse said...

Beautiful...