Thursday 19 April 2012

Childrens' Art in the National at Midnight


I was at the National Art Gallery of Canada at midnight, seeing Christian Marclay's The Clock one more time. This is a fabulous show and I have enjoyed it every time I've seen it. This time, I watched it until about ten minutes after midnight - I really wanted to see what happens at midnight because a friend told me the movie clips with clocks all nearing midnight and then striking the hour was fantastic. And it was! Amazing! I hope everyone gets a chance to see this sometime (it is on at the National until May 21st). Anyway, as I was leaving the gallery, I stopped to look at some artwork made by children. This one was done by a 10-year old boy. So colourful!


There were several on the theme of boats. They have great classes for kids at the National and I am always fascinated by the freedom and inventiveness of the works displayed from these classes. 


This is one of my favourites. What a great sky! Viewing children's art in the National at midnight is a rather strange experience, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments: