Friday 20 April 2012

A Serendipity


Part of the fun of taking pictures randomly is that I never know what I am going to get. For instance, when I took this photo. I didn't see the bicyclist doing stretches or the gull flying over Champlain's shoulder. I was only interested in taking a picture of Champlain's statue from a different angle. Then when I viewed the photo on my computer, I saw that the man and the gull were also in the picture, which made it a much more interesting picture. It was just a serendipity. Cool!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It's interesting how some of the shapes of the bike rider complement Champlain's: the curve of the biker's arm reflects the curve of Champlain's upheld arm, the bent biker's leg is similar to the cape on the statue. You could get into all kinds of symbolism with Champlain, the explorer, and the modern day biker, etc.

Ronna said...

Love this!!