Tuesday 21 May 2013

Sneak Preview - Sculpture Garden at Skelly Gallery


There is one week to go until the vernissage of the new garden sculpture show at the Skelly Gallery in St. Eugene Ontario. This past weekend, I dropped by to see how things were going and if I could help with setting up. Everyone was busy with all the final details. Nik (kneeling) and Lis (on the right) were finishing the installation of a new stone bridge that connects two parts of the garden. Just visible behind Lis' head, you can see Philippa near my contribution to the show - Peter's large white sculpture called the "Homage".


Most of the sculptures were already installed and I enjoyed a sneak peak at them. This piece is a lot of fun!


There were visual delights everywhere - like the mix of natural and man-made materials in this installation.


I really like the sculptures that use found materials. These pieces are on an outside wall of the gallery.


Later, when I was in my car about to leave, I suddenly saw this brightly coloured piece installed between two trees. I had to get out and take a picture. Lovely!
This is just a taste of what can be seen starting next week. There are 20 artists in the vernissage - 17 who will have pieces outside in the garden and 3 who will have pieces inside the gallery. The garden sculpture show runs from May 26th until October 31. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sculpture gardens are terrific - I wish there were more of them in the world! Great looking show. :)