Wednesday 13 July 2011

Evening Walk in the City


There are always surprises to be found when I go for a walk in the evenings. I was near a busy intersection - lots of cars and people - but I could hear music somewhere nearby. I crossed the street and went down some steps and there was this band playing really good blues. The singer also played harmonica and the lead guitarist really cooked when he played solo. Many people stopped and listened, some sitting and some standing. I lingered for a couple of songs, too.


But it was getting dark and I had to go. As I was walking along a street, I saw the full moon rising in between some buildings. Everything looked so deserted, almost abandoned. Time to go home. Sadly, it is already noticeable that it is getting dark earlier these evenings. Oh well - there is still lots of summer to enjoy.

No comments: