Monday 18 July 2011

More Wild Things (in the Garden and Elsewhere)


About 15 years ago, I planted some yellow daisies in my garden. I only put in a couple of plants, but they have gone wild and spread all over the garden and the yard. I love them because they are big and bright and cheerful. When I bought them at the nursery so long ago, the label said they were "Gloriosa Daisies", but I have heard other people refer to them as Black-Eyed Susans, and other names. Whatever! This clump has taken over a corner of my flower garden. 


These volunteers planted themselves down near the fish pond. They are sharing this spot with some Hosta, which doesn't seem to mind.


But this is the most unlikely patch of all. These daisies are growing wild on my front lawn. I cut the grass there all the time, but they managed to seed themselves down somehow. When I saw their leaves among the grass while cutting the lawn in the spring, I steered around them and decided to let them do their thing. Now they look great on the otherwise barren boring stretch of front yard.  


And speaking of wild, how do you like the wild red of this nail polish?  I used to paint my nails every summer when Peter was alive (he liked it) but haven't done it for a long time. So it was fun to revive the tradition. Here's to a wild summer!

1 comment:

Ronna said...

Love that wild red nail polish! As colourful as the flowers. Maybe the hummingbirds will go for your toes!!