Sunday 17 July 2011

Hot Summer Days of Childhood


Hot summer weather always makes me a bit nostalgic, thinking about what a great time I had when I was a kid in the summer. Ah, the freedom. Spending all day at the beach, swimming, playing in the sand, eating picnics.....This is a photo taken a long time ago, when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I am on the left (I don't know who the kid is behind me). My sister Marilyn is on the right, and our grown-up cousin, Eileen, is in between us. We are on the beach at a place called Coney Island (I kid you not) in Kenora. Makes me think of the song - those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!


This picture was taken several years later, when I was probably about 9 or 10. We were staying at the cottage of some friends. I am on the left, my sister is in the middle, and my sister's friend, Madeleine, is on the right. We spent all day splashing about in the beautiful clear water. Those were the days!

No comments: