Tuesday 27 September 2011

Memories of Paris


Back to my ongoing old-photo scanning project. I found these wonderful pictures taken when Peter and I went to Paris almost 20 years ago. We did all the appropriate tourist-y things, like taking a picture of me with the Eiffel Tower coming out of my head!


Then we switched and I took Peter's picture. He looked so serious. People didn't use cameras as much back then - this was long before digital cameras and cell phones with cameras so taking photos was a more finicky business and people just took less of them - and I think we felt more self-conscious about taking pictures.


We were very lucky one day to be able to go up to the top of Notre Dame. Me and a gargoyle just hanging out!


I think this is one of my all-time favourite photos of me. Peter and I took this trip in February so there weren't mobs of tourists in Paris. We had this outdoor cafe all to ourselves. Ahhh! the memories.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah Paris! I love the photo of you with the gargoyle, in particular. :)

frannie said...

I agree with Sarah about the gargoyle photo. Wonderful memories for you.

Knatolee said...

What great memories you have!