Sunday 2 October 2011

A Birthday Party


On Saturday evening, I went to a birthday party for my friend Aino at her beautiful, beautiful house in the country, about a half-hour from my place. 


The interior of the house is as incredible as the outside. This is the hallway which one sees on entering the front door of the house. There are wonderful antiques and art everywhere.


On the right, there is a doorway to Aino's studio. I thought this view was a good as any I've seen in a museum. 


Aino is a really wonderful painter. This is the interior of her studio and there were some works in progress here that knocked my socks off.


On the other side of the front hallway there is a dining room where people were gathered to dig in to a terrific spread. The chandelier in this room is amazing but I couldn't get a good photo of it (alas!). 


Toward the back of the front hallway, this marvelous curving staircase led upstairs. 


Typical of all parties, there people gathered in the kitchen to help with food, chat, nibble and just observe the preparations.  


This is the kitchen staircase - the "servants' staircase". I love Aino's painting of the cabbage on the wall.


After dinner and dessert, music was provided by David (on guitar) and Mac (on washtub bass). Great music, great food, great party. Happy Birthday Aino!

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Wow, her house is gorgeous! I look forward to the day when our old house is fixed up to that degree. And music by Mac and David is the best.