Wednesday 15 February 2012

Bird's Eye Views


There is something fascinating about being up high, on a balcony or at the top of a staircase or a couple of floors above ground, and watching people down below. I took this photo when I was on the second floor of the National Art Gallery, looking over a wall at a group of people in the main foyer. They seem to be engaged in animated conversations. 


This photo was taken one noon-hour when some of my work colleagues decided to go  skating in a rink in a courtyard near where we work. I was up in a second floor glassed-in walkway overlooking the courtyard and taking pictures. They didn't know I was photographing them. The man in the green jacket second from the right is my manager Mark, who is from Australia and didn't learn to skate until he moved to Canada. I showed him the pictures later and told him his skating was very good!


This photo was taken from the top of some stairs overlooking a part of the Byward Market in Ottawa. There weren't a lot of people around at this time of night - just the man in the white jacket on the bottom right-hand corner crossing the street. I have always liked this view at night with everything lit up and shiny. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's always so interesting to look at things from an angle that is unusual. There is also something so cool about photographing people who aren't aware that you are there!