Monday 8 October 2012

What I Give Thanks For


This Thanksgiving weekend, I spent a lot of time with my daughter, Sarah, in Toronto. We decided to have one of those clichéd mother-daughter shopping trips together, going into stores and trying stuff on and asking each other, "what do you think?" and encouraging or discouraging as appropriate, and then walking around with loaded shopping bags and asking "what shall we look for next?". It really was a lot of fun. Sarah was looking for a new purse to replace her old one, which had fallen apart. I call this picture, "Sarah among the handbags."


We spent more time looking and trying on than buying, but we did get some useful new things and were happy with our purchases. Really, it was more about spending time together than loading up on new acquisitions. At one point, we took a break in a very posh little cafe and treated ourselves to a drink and pastry. Sarah had a mango cheesecake and some sort of fancy latte. Yum yum!


I spent most of the weekend with Sarah, but as I was leaving Toronto to go back to Ottawa, I stopped for a very quick visit with my son Brian and his family. It is always nice to see my two grandchildren, Charlie (on the right) and Max (in the middle). All in all, I have much to be thankful for, having such a wonderful family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun time we had! So great to see the photos and remember. :)