Monday 26 November 2012

And What, To My Wondering Eyes Should Appear...


...but snow! When I got up this morning, I was surprised to see the first dusting of snow on the ground. Not a lot, but enough to cover the roads and roofs of buildings and the railing on my deck. The sun was just starting to rise when I took this picture, giving a pink tint to the new snow.


The first snow is always exciting. I must admit that it is much nicer to walk on than drive on (the traffic reports this morning were full of stories of accidents). My usual route to work was bright and cheerful with the white snow and blue shadows.


It was a trifle slippery in spots and people were walking carefully. I had to dig out my winter boots this morning but now I'm good to go for the season. More snow? Bring it on!  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the way cold snow squeaks when you walk on it. The first snow is always wonderful.

Sarah said...

Snow is so magical when we haven't seen it for a while. I do love the blue colours it creates!

Ronna said...

I was shocked to see it when i rolled up my blinds...but not as much as Ottawa (none in Hawkesbury) and by today it's almost gone.
But I know it'll be back!