Wednesday 25 April 2012

People Watching on My Day Off


This was the first sunny day we have had for a while here in Eastern Ontario, which was nice for the first day of a much needed mini-vacation I am taking from work. This morning, I went with my friend Kristen to the National Gallery of Canada to see The Clock (again). This is the 4th time I have seen The Clock - it really is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Today, I got to see what happens at noon - almost as amazing as what happens at midnight. I took this picture of Kristen as we were walking into the National.  


Later, after Kristen and I had lunch and said goodbye, I went for a walk in the Byward Market. I usually walk around the Market in the evening after work and I found that it is quite different early in the afternoon. There were lots of people because it was a nice sunny day. People were buying maple syrup products at this stand.


And of course, people were buying flowers, like these two women. 


This man was looking at all the flags and banners for sale. I love the contrast between the bright coloured flags and the dullness of everything else - it almost looks like the man is trying to escape into a bright world from his dowdy surroundings.


This is quite funny. There are lots of tourists in the Byward Market and lots of people snapping photos. So there I was taking pictures and here was this man taking pictures and I think we ended up taking pictures of each other. Craziness!

3 comments:

Grumpy Penguin said...

I wonder if that man has a blog with your picture on it? That would be fantastic. :)

Ronna said...

What fun. I wish I had seen the Clock. I heard it was fantastic!

Knatolee said...

I love the flowers in that market!