Thursday 28 February 2013

Old Man Winter's Last Kick at the Can (We Hope!)


In my previous post, I wrote that Winter felt like it was beginning to come to an end, with much warmer temperatures and rapidly melting snow. Then we had a big storm on Wednesday with 25 cm of snow in the Ottawa area, and Winter made a reappearance - with a vengeance! As I left work on Wednesday, I walked past this window and was impressed by the transformation of the world outside.


Walking home was like walking through a white tunnel.


Hard lines disappeared and all that was left was a fuzzy, milky-white haze. The city in the distance had completely melted into the clouds of snow in this view. Oh well - at least it is still relatively warm and the snow will melt again soon. Old Man Winter just had to have another kick at the can! 

2 comments:

City Mouse said...

love the photos in this post. As I write this the temperature in my city is >30 deg Celsius, and the day is hot and sunny.

Ronna said...

Nice pix, but enough already!