Tuesday 3 July 2012

A Fun Way to Get a Haircut


How do you make the whole process of getting a haircut tolerable, and even fun, for a small child? When I was in Toronto last weekend, I found out. I went with my son when he took his two kids for much-needed haircuts to a wonderful hair salon, called Melonheads, which is designed just for children. My grandson Max (4 1/2) chose an orange airplane to sit in while he got his hair cut.   


Charlie (2 1/2) waited his turn while riding on a horse. (Note the toy elephant that Charlie carries with him everywhere.)


Then it was Charlie's turn and he chose a blue locomotive to sit in while he got his hair cut. There was also a firetruck and a pink sports car and other fun places to sit. I was impressed by the patience of the hairdresser. Little kids move their heads constantly and wiggle a lot, but she managed to get the job done - with no tears or complaints on the part of Max or Charlie.


After the haircut, we all went for ice cream. A perfect treat on a really hot, sunny day. 


Mmmm-mmmm! Does that ever taste good!

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

What kid would ever cry getting a haircut at a place like that? Amazing!