Monday 8 August 2011

Recent ATCs


At the end of July, I posted just one of the ATCs I made for the July 30th trade. I realized recently that I hadn't shown the rest, so I have decided to post more of them. They were based on old photographs but I played with the image and colour a lot to make them bright and more vivid than the original.  


I started this one using tempera paint but found it was awful to work with. So I painted over with guache and water colour then outlined with felt tip marker. It is still a bit smeary underneath.


It was a pleasure to not worry about making things look professional, to ignore the rules and just have fun. That is what I have always enjoyed about making ATCs - no stress about turning out a finished work. Instead, the idea is to play, experiment, try anything and everything and, if it doesn't work, no sweat! I like the way the perspective is a bit wonky in this one..

3 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

These are wonderful!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful colours!! The top one is my favourite! :)

Knatolee said...

Love these. Great colours!