Friday 19 August 2011

A Visit From Sarah and Steve


My daughter (Sarah) and her partner Steve are visiting me this weekend. They arrived yesterday afternoon and, after unpacking, we got ready to go out for dinner. Here is Sarah, showing me Steve's new hat. Love the expression!


We went to Mambo Nuevo in the Byward Market for dinner. It was a beautiful summer evening and we felt like we were down south on vacation, so we ordered appropriate drinks - a margarita, a sangria and a mojito. Yum!


Sarah and I had the Arroz Pablito  - fried rice, shrimp, scallops, mussels.


Steve had the Que's-o Pollo - chicken smothered in an almond cream sauce. He said it was delish!


After dinner, we walked up to Parliament Hill to see Mosaika, the light show on the Parliament Buildings. Sarah took this picture of me and Steve sitting on a blanket on the grass, waiting for the show to start. It was a good show, well worth seeing. 

On our way back to my apartment after the show, we stopped by the sculpture of the Famous Five and I took this strange picture of Sarah. I like the way the sculpture is so tall, it almost disappears into the night. Freaky!

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Glad you had a nice visit. That food looks amazing. I have to try that place when I'm next in Ottawa!!!