Sunday 1 May 2011

Out to the Country and Back Again


It was a beautiful weekend to be out at my place in the country. Sunny and warm! Unfortunately, I had a bad cold and needed cheering up. The sight of these daffodils blooming in my garden certainly helped!


I went to the monthly Artist Trading Cards meeting in Dunvegan and that cheered me up too. After the trade, several of us were outside chatting when our friend Mac drove up on his vintage scooter. Vroom-vroom!


On Sunday, I made a stop for food at a shopping mall on my way back to the city. As I was getting out of my car in the parking lot, I saw this contraption in the distance. I had to investigate. Doesn't it look like some alien creature with lots of tentacles?


There was a whole crew of people assembling midway/carnival rides. I talked to one of the guys, asking what some of the stuff was. He was pleasant but they were all very busy. I have no idea what kind of ride this is, but it involves lots of nets.


And here is the ubiquitous midway food vending place, with a bright red white and blue tent/canopy. The big strawberry seemed to be part of a another ride. Sweet!


I guess you can't have a midway if you don't have anthropomorphic elephants with big ears that you can sit in while you go round and round. Lots of nice bright colours!

1 comment:

frannie said...

Looks like you had a good weekend...sorry I missed the trade but was busy in the garden. Love the 'carnival' set-up.