Sunday 29 May 2011

Things That Didn't Mind the Rain


It was a soggy, soggy weekend and I didn't get outside much. I spent a lot of time in my studio, finishing some drawings for Art Fayre, which is coming up soon. But late this afternoon, it started to clear and I walked around my poor waterlogged garden. I realized that there were many things in the garden that were actually quite happy with all the rain. Like this pretty plant, which has struggled for years and not done much. This year, it is loaded with flowers and looks the best it ever has. So I think it has enjoyed being soaked.


This little frog, sitting on a log (my soggy attempt at poetry!) - he didn't mind the rain. He lives with many brothers and sisters in my water-lily and fish pond.


The pond is very full this year and the water lily pads look happy. They will flower later in June. Doesn't this make you think of one of those M.C. Escher drawings of reflections in water?


These are the last of the tulips. I guess they lasted as long as they did because of the cool, damp weather.


The other things that were happy were the annuals I planted in the garden. Like this beautiful plant, whose name I can never remember. It is very lush and green from all the rain. I guess we can be glad that we didn't have to worry about watering our plants after we put them in this year. Or am I starting to sound to much like Pollyanna?

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Slugs like rain too! :) And I am sweating over finishing my rug for Art Fayre. Can't wait to see your stuff.