Thursday 2 June 2011

The Things One Sees in Parking Lots


This motorbike caught my eye as I was walking through a parking lot this morning. Or rather, the metal box on the back of the bike caught my eye. It was all covered with stickers and I had to take a closer look.


There were two boxes on the bike, one on each side, covered in all sorts of stickers. There was something very retro about it. Made me think of old steamer trunks covered in labels and stickers from various travels.


All those stickers showed that this motorbike has been to lots of places, mostly in the United States. But the bike wasn't moving anywhere right now - at least, not on its own two wheels. It was strapped to a trailer - but the trailer was not attached to a car. It was just sitting there, alone in the parking lot. I would love to know the story behind this motorbike, why it was being carried on a trailer and how it got all those great stickers. Hhhmmmm...!

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Cool wheels! Where was the bike from? I can't read the license plate. :)